Create an educational presentation for staff before the launch of your change project. This should inform the staff of the problem, your potential solution, and their role in the change project.
Reducing hospital re-admissions: Mistiaen, P., & Poot, E. (2006). Telephone follow-up, initiated by a hospital-based health professional, for postdischarge problems in patients discharged from hospital to home.
Cochrane Consumers and Communication Group. (4), CD004510. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD004510.pub3. Chamberlain Library Permalink: .wiley.com.proxy.chamberlain.edu:8080/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004510.pub3/full”>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.proxy.chamberlain.edu:8080/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004510.pub3/full Capstone Project Milestone 3:
Reducing hospital re-admissions: Educating Staff: Implementing Change Guidelines Purpose The purpose of this assignment is to create theEducating Staff: Implementing Change ProjectPowerPoint presentation. Your plan is to educate the staff that will be involved in the pilot program. You will need to educate them on the problem, show the supporting evidence, and how your pilot plan will be implemented.
Course Outcomes This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
· CO2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO #2)
· CO3: Communicates effectively with patient populations and other healthcare providers in managing the healthcare of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO #3)
· CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO #7) Due Date Milestone 3 consists of the PowerPoint presentationEducating Staff: Implementing Change Project.
Reducing hospital re-admissions: Submit this Milestone to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of week 6. Points Milestone 3 is worth200 points.
1. Create an educational presentation for staff before the launch of your change project. This should inform the staff of the problem, your potential solution, and their role in the change project.
2. The format for this proposal will be a PowerPoint presentation.
3. Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful..microsoft.com/en-us/support/training-FX101782702.aspx”>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/training-FX101782702.aspxThe Chamberlain Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) offers a module on Computer Literacy that contains a section on PowerPoint.
The link to SSP CCSSS may be found under the Special Courses list in eCollege.
4. The length of the PowerPoint presentation should be 15-20 slides; excluding the title and reference slides.
5. Below are the topics for the slides: Bullet (or main points) points on your slides, please
a. Title Slide
b. Description of the Ace Star change model that you have used for this project.
c. Practice Issue
d. The scope of the problem—use basic statistics from what you know of the problem in your work area.
e. Your team/stakeholders
f. Evidence to support your need for change—from your Evidence Summary
g. Action Plan
h. Timeline for the plan
i. The nurse’s role and responsibility in the pilot program
j. Procedure (what steps are to be taken to complete this change process, from start to finish?)
k. Forms that will be used (if applicable)
l. Resources available to the staff—including yourself
6. Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area.
Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. Citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means choose peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
· Length: The PowerPoint slide show is expected to be between 15-20 slides in length (not including the title slide and reference list slide). Xby DNSUnlocker
· Submission: Submit your files via the basket in the Dropbox: “Educating the Staff: Implementing the Change Project” by 11:59 p.m. Sunday of Week 6. · Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions. · Tutorial: If needed, Microsoft Office has many templates and tutorials to help you get started. Best Practices in Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation
Reducing hospital re-admissions: The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
1. Be creative.
2. Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
3. Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
4. Use speaker notes(found under the section View and “Notes” in the PowerPoint template you choose.
These are for your personal use to use as a reference if you are giving your presentation to an audience and they help faculty identify what you will speak to your audience about.
5. Review directions thoroughly.
6. Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
7. Proofread prior to final submission.
8. Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
9. Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.
Reducing hospital re-admissions