Describe one (1) physiological, and one (1) psychosocial intervention that could help either Jorge or his mother deal with this problem.
Enuresis is a problem that affects children and families both physically and psychosocially. Parents can be frustrated because the cause might be unknown, and interventions that work for one child may not necessarily help another. Children may feel isolated and embarrassed and avoid age-appropriate activities.
Initial Discussion Post:
Jorge is a nine-year-old boy who never established nighttime bladder control and wets the bed every night. He does not have toileting accidents during the day. Jorge lives at home with a single working mother, who privately tells the RN that she is frustrated with the additional laundry, and having to get up extra early so her son can shower in the morning rather than at night. She asks the RN in the pediatrician’s office for advice to manage the problem at home. Jorge is excited to go on a Boy Scout camping trip, and the mother is concerned that he will experience embarrassment because the boys and the leader could find out about this problem.
• What type of enuresis is Jorge experiencing?
• Identify two (2) pieces of assessment data the RN should collect.
• How will this data be used in planning nursing care?
• Describe one (1) physiological, and one (1) psychosocial intervention that could help either Jorge or his mother deal with this problem.
Base your initial post on your readings and research of this topic. Your initial post must contain a minimum of 250 words. References, citations, and repeating the question do not count towards the 250-word minimum.
The Diversity Movement
The diversity movement suggests that there is strength in our differences and that our differences enhance each other. At the same time, the movement insists that our differences should not have economic, social, or political consequences. We are entitled to the same access to resources and opportunities regardless of our differences. The human suffering from Hurricane Katrina and the images of victims has stimulated the debate about differential access to resources.
Read the report Women in the Wake of the Storm: Examining the Post-Katrina Realities of the Women of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. On the basis of your reading, create a report, answering the following:
• Discuss the prominent dimensions of diversity revealed as a result of the Hurricane Katrina disaster.
• Discuss factors that specifically influenced women’s vulnerability to Hurricane Katrina. While answering, consider the primary dimensions mentioned in the lectures as well as the secondary dimensions such as parental and marital status, income, educational level, military experience, geographic location, work background, and religious beliefs.
• Describe the implications for healthcare organizations as a result of the disaster.
• Discuss at least of two of the policy implications that are outlined in the report. If you were given the task to add another policy recommendation what would it be and why?