in which phase of the nursing process did the nurse first make an error?
Good Sunday Evening 3294. As promised I have had a chance to review the Exam. There are some themes that I think are important to review. What I have done is put together a list of 7 questions. I gave you the correct answer and the most commonly chosen incorrect answer for this Exam. To complete the assignment, you must tell me why the answer is right and why the answer is wrong. You must cite the source you used for that information and create a reference page.
1. A nurse is assessing a patient’s wound. Which nursing observation will indicate the wound healed by secondary intention? X Minimal scar tissue C Scarring that may be severe
2. A nurse is teaching about the energy needed at rest to maintain life-sustaining activities for a specific period of time. What is the nurse discussing? X Resting energy expenditure (REE) C Basal metabolic rate (BMR)
3. The nurse is teaching a health class about the gastrointestinal tract. The nurse will explain that which portion of the digestive tract absorbs most of the nutrients? X Ileum C Duodenum
4. A nurse is providing care to a patient with an indwelling catheter. Which practice indicates the nurse is following guidelines for avoiding catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI)? C Drapes the urinary drainage tubing with no dependent loops X Washes the drainage tube toward the meatus with soap and water
5. The nurse is caring for a patient who has diabetes mellitus and circulatory insufficiency, with peripheral neuropathy and urinary incontinence. On which areas does the nurse focus care? C Decreased pain sensation and increased risk of skin impairment X High risk for skin infection and low saliva pH level
6. The nurse is caring for a patient who has experienced a total abdominal hysterectomy. Which nursing observation of the incision will indicate the patient is experiencing a complication of wound healing? X The site is approximated. C The site has a mass, bluish in color.
7. A nurse administers an antihypertensive medication to a patient at the scheduled time of 0900. The nursing assistive personnel (NAP) then reports to the nurse that the patient’s blood pressure was low when it was taken at 0830. The NAP states that was busy and had not had a chance to tell the nurse yet. The patient begins to complain of feeling dizzy and light-headed. The blood pressure is rechecked and it has dropped even lower. In which phase of the nursing process did the nurse first make an error? C Assessment X Implementation