1. Download the NR443 Community Windshield Survey Form from Doc Sharing. You will type your name and answers directly onto this Word document. Your formdoes NOT need to follow APA formatting; however, you are expected to use correct grammar, spelling, syntax and write in complete sentences.
2. Save the file by clicking “Save as” and adding your last name to the file name, e.g., “NR443 Windshield Survey Form_Smith”
3. Submit the completed form to the “Caring for Populations: Community Windshield Survey” Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 2.
4. Length: The completed formshould be no more than three pages in length (not including anyoptionalreferences).
Below are the requirements needed for successful completion of the Windshield Survey Form:
1. Introductionto the Community:Identify the community you will be using for this assignmentand provide a brief one to two paragraph description of the community. Your community should be the area where you liveor the area surrounding your work setting.
2. Windshield Survey: Assess your community by doing an informal windshield survey.Information about the components of a windshield survey is located in your textbook, Nies & McEwen (2011) on page 97 (Box 6-2). Drive through the area and report your observations bydescribingeach of the following six areas using the questions in the text as your guide (one to two paragraphs each):
a. Community vitality
b. Indicators of social and economic conditions
c. Health resources
d. Environmental conditions related to health
e. Social functioning
f. Attitude toward healthcare
It is helpful to conduct this assessment at least two different times: during the day or evening, on a weekday and/or on the weekend. If possible, plan on askingsomeone to drive during your survey so that you cantake notes.
3. Conclusion:Provide a summary of your findings. The information gathered during the windshield survey should assist you to identify a community health problem that will be further assessed in the next assignment.
4. References: The purpose of this assignment is to document your observations of your community. Outside sources are not required. However, if sources are used, these sources must be cited within the form and listed in the Reference section.
Best Practices in Preparing the Form
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
· Make sure all elements of the form are included.
· Review directions and grading rubricbelow thoroughly.
· Cite any outside references as above (these are optional).
· Proofread prior to final submission.
· Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
· Abide by the CCN academic integrity policy, which may be found in the Policies under the Course Home tab.