- Write a 3–5-page nurse educator philosophy.
As nurses, we develop our own philosophy about our role as a nurse. For some, it is steeped in the tradition of the nursing program we attended. For most of us, our philosophy has evolved over time, as we gain experience and develop specializations. We may not always articulate a clear philosophy, but each nurse does have a system of beliefs and values about health, health care, nursing, and his or her role as a nurse that guides practice. By developing a philosophy specific to the role of nurse educator, you will be able to reflect upon your individual values and beliefs, values and beliefs about nursing, and the educator role that each person is preparing for.
- Toggle Drawer Context
Every nurse educator develops his or her own nursing education philosophy over the course of their study and career. Nursing education requires the development of key competencies, some of which are unique to the environment in which the nurse educator will work.
For more on developing a nursing education philosophy and on nurse educator competencies, you are encouraged to read the Assessment 3 Context [PDF] document.
- Toggle Drawer Questions to Consider
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
- What changes could be made to the National League for Nursing Core Competencies of Nurse Educators to keep them responsive to the current and future needs for preparing competent nurses?
- Should the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) credential be required for educators in faculty positions?
- What are examples of different contexts that might require unique competencies?
- Based on your understanding of adult learning theory, learner-centered education, and applicable learning theories:
- Which theories do you think will be most important to you in your teaching role? Why?
- How you will apply the different learning theories as an educator?
- How do they fit with your developing nursing education philosophy?
- Toggle Drawer Resources
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post nurse educator philosophy appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.